image credit: www.joiseyshowaa.com

Sunday, January 31, 2010

Monthly Reflections

Wow! It's the last day of January already! Time flies when you're workin' out and choppin' vegetables! I have to say that I'm actually surprised that I've been able to meet my goals so far. For January, I've lost 8 pounds this month, surpassing my goal of 5 pounds for January. Going back to day one of this blog, I've lost a total of 13 pounds since the "Feeling Fat" day!! I can't believe it! I have 12 more pounds to reach my goal weight. I am really excited that the scale has moved past where I thought it was stuck! I'm over half way through the 6 week body makeover challenge on the Active Workout for Wii. I've burned about 1800 calories for the month of January. I've been sleeping better at night, and I have a better attitude about things. I'm also able to "run" up the stairs without getting winded.

I had a Tupperware party 2 weeks ago and I ordered those fridge mates to help keep your veggies fresh. The cost of produce is so high that I want to be really sure that the produce stays fresh for as long as it possibly can! I spent a good two hours on Saturday washing and chopping vegetables and getting them in those containers. They are guaranteed to keep your stuff fresh for however long it says it will. With the moisture control setting they have on them, I'm sure they will work better than what I'm doing now.

I can't seem to shake the sweet tooth. I would love a good cookie or piece of candy or someting sweet. I've experimented with low-fat oatmeal cookies but they were high in sugar!! They got a bad grade from Calorie Count! :-( I had a friend make some healthy chocolate chip cookies and they were good! I've discovered that angel food cake is an excellent snack to have! I actually LOVE angel food cake! I've been resorting to chewing gum when I get the urge to snack on something sweet.

Goals for February:
Lose 5 pounds
Increase workout time on shceduled workout days by 15 minutes
Create a house schedule to stay organized

Tomorrow is a NEW day! And a new month....

No comments:

Post a Comment