image credit: www.joiseyshowaa.com

Thursday, May 26, 2011

Whole Lotta Shakin' Goin' On

Let me just start off with hearty BWAAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! There. I did my first Zumba class on the Wii and let me just say, not only did I feel completely ridiculous, there was more shakin' goin' on than Jerry Lee Lewis at a Jell-O convention!! I mean seriously!!



I've checked out Zumba before and I was not really interested at the time. Then I started hearing more and more about the Zumba fitness craze and how it really works. So...we bought Zumba for Wii. It was the only option for me since I was not going to look like a fool in front of *other* people. Just my family. They already think I'm crazy.



And crazy it is!! They call it a "game!" HAHAHA!! So...OK. I open the box and out falls out the fitness belt you wear to hold the Wii remote. I bellow in laughter because the belt is so huge!!! I actually felt a little offended. Do they really think that people who work out at home are *this* large?? Well, at least it fit. With a few clicks, I had my profile set up and was learning how to bust a move. I have years of dance experience, but that was in theater! No hip-hop or salsa (well I had one meringue lesson in Miami, FL....wooo...that was a *long* time ago) so this was all new to me.

I set up a workout calendar and began with the Beginner 1 class which is for 20 minutes. Oh. My. Word. That was like nothing I've ever experienced before. I was trying so hard to keep up with the teacher while trying not to poke my eye out from jiggling Jell-O. I moved one way...the Jell-O was still behind. My feet felt full of lead after about 10 minutes. And I'm supposed to rack up points, too? Oh, c'mon!

After all that, I have to say that it was fun and I hope to see results soon! I hope this helps in the running department. I wonder how long it takes to stop the jiggle? I let you know when Jerry Lee Lewis has left the building!

No comments:

Post a Comment